How We Are Different
GreenPath prides itself in being one of the largest and most respected credit counseling agencies in the nation. We do things differently. Here’s what you can count on from GreenPath that you may not get from others:
- Help with all of your debts.
- GreenPath’s debt negotiation experts work out repayment plans with ALL of your creditors and help you manage ALL of your debts, not just your credit card debt. Most of our competitors will handle only credit cards and unsecured debts. That approach is NOT GreenPath’s approach because it addresses only part of your financial situation.
- No surprises.
- An ethical and compassionate experience.
- GreenPath is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA), whose standards are the most rigorous in the industry.
- GreenPath is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), held to extremely high standards for quality financial education and credit counseling.
- GreenPath counselors, more than 98 percent of whom have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree, are professionals certified by the NFCC in both credit counseling and housing counseling.
- GreenPath housing counseling services are approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- A personalized budget and action plan created just for you.
- GreenPath provides customized budgeting, debt counseling, assessment and debt management plans based on your specific situation and circumstances. Many other companies offer everyone the same “cookie-cutter” solution.
- Credit report assistance.
- Our counselors can help you understand your credit report and learn how to improve your credit score. You can provide your own report or get one from us for a nominal charge.
- Counselors who work in your best interests, not their own.
- Some other companies reward employees with a commission for each person they sign up on a debt management or debt settlement program. GreenPath does not. GreenPath counselors will help you explore all of your options. They only offer debt negotiation services and debt management programs to qualified clients, and only when they are certain debt management is the right choice.
- Helpful financial education.
- We provide you with GreenPath University, a high-quality, user-friendly, financial education website. The content on this site has been specifically chosen by GreenPath financial counselors to ensure you have access to the most up-to-date money management resources in the industry to help you regain control of your finances.